This dish is a way to use leftover turkey but still get that deep flavor that comes from using fresh poultry. Easy, ecconomical and a great was to kick up holiday leftovers, my family begs for it! This is a "not so traditional" made up recipe.
- Preheat a skillet over med-high heat, add bacon fat, when melted add turkey bits and skin.
- When browned, add mushrooms and onions and saute till lightly browned (keep and eye on it here).
- Add marsala and scrape up the "brown bits" as its reducing. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add cream and broth, continue to simmer until thickened, add turkey and heat through.
- Serve over noodles or rice or even leftover mashed potatoes, garnish with nutmeg or parsley as desire.