Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love manicotti, but most manicotti recipes are stuffed with ricotta, which I love, but my kids and husband wont eat it. I made this recipe for them, with only a small amount of ricotta they dont even know it's there, and they love it!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach (thawed and juices squeezed out)
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces manicotti (12 pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- Cook the ground turkey and turkey sausage together in a skillet. Put it into a food processor and pulse a few times. In a large bowl mix together ricotta, 1 cup of mozzerella, 1/4 c parmesan, parsley, garlic , basil, oregano, spinach, and salt to taste. Stir in the meat.
- Boil the manicotti in batches of 6, until al dente ( about 6 minutes). Cool slightly. Spoon 1/2 c of marinara on the bottom of a 13x9 pan. Fill each manicotti, and arrange side by side in pan. Top with remaining marinara, mozzerella , and parmesan cheese. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
This was outstanding. Sorry my photo doesn't do it justice. DH asked for seconds AND THEN wants leftovers tomorrow. He NEVER eats leftovers OR turkey/chicken. What a delight to see him take seconds! I'll tell him tomorrow they were made with turkey. Wonderful recipe. So easy to make. All I've ever made in 33 years of marriage is my lasagna. Not any more! I actually had fun with this recipe. It didn't tire me out like making lasagna does. Will most definitely be making this again. Thanks aimbrulee. We really enjoyed it. Made for Fall '09 PAC.