Made this for my son using canned turkey in place of Tuna because he won't eat seafood. This includes cherry tomatoes giving a nice sweet juicy bite. A good make ahead recipe.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooking according to package
- 12 1⁄2 ounces 97% fat-free cooked turkey, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slice scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the macaroni till well combined. Then toss in the macaroni. Chill for a couple hours to overnight.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Toss before serving.
What a nice indulgence! I used rotisserie turkey, double the vinegar and more mayo (til it looked right, though I don't usually like tons of mayo). It was very satisfying.
Fantastic recipe! Everyone loved it. My husband said it was the kind of thing people will ask for at family get-togethers. The only thing I changed was I added a little chipotle seasoning to the mix. Without it the taste seemed just the slightest bit lacking. I will definitely be making this again!
Puuuuurrrrrfect Rita! Yummy yum yum! I hate tuna in a pasta salad and this is the bomb! One thing I did differently...I used left over roast turkey! Thank you! Jelly :)