echo echo's Note:
A healthy, tasty pasta salad made with no mayonnaise. "Cooking time" is really chilling time; preparation time includes time to cook pasta, as you can be slicing the carrots and onion at the same time. I think it tastes better made one day ahead so that flavors get a good chance to combine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 1 1/2 cups chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 1Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Combine vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- 3Toss dressing with pasta-turkey mixture until thoroughly combined.
- 4Cover and chill at least 1/2 hour (but longer is better).
- 5Toss again right before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey-Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 25.4 g