Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice change from the ground beef and macaroni casseroles.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni (4 ounces)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning, blend
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine or 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2-1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Cook macaroni to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook and stir turkey and garlic pepper blend over medium high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cooked macaroni, zucchini, basil and Alfredo sauce; mix well. Spoon mixture into sprayed casserole.
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I didn't think adding zucchini directly into a Mac and Cheese would be a good idea. So I served it on the side. It was quick and easy enough to put the dish together. The flavor was good, but not amazing. Maybe it's because I left the zucchini out or the alfredo sauce I used wasn't great?
I made this for PAC 06' and I really don't think five star rating and a thank you is a payment enough for this most delicious recipe. I love this casserole! Real comfort food. I used frozen zucchini and it worked out perfectly. It was creamy, crunchy, and tasty. I will make this again and again. Thank you Carolinafan for posting this wonderful recipe!