Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful recipe from my friend Eva! I just had to share it with you all. My family eats this about once a week- a fabulous way to "hide" veggies from the little ones!
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) container alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 2½ quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Cook macaroni to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain.
- In large nonstick skillet, cook and stir turkey and garlic-pepper blend (or as above) over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cooked macaroni, zucchini, basil, and Alfredo sauce; mix well. Spoon into sprayed casserole. In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until thorough heated.
My family enjoyed this. I tripled all the seasonings, and I used a "light" alfredo sauce. I also added mushrooms. Thanks!
I love this casserole, great way to get my kid to eat zucchini!