Recipe by dale!
This is a South Beach Diet recipe that is really tasty whether you are on South Beach or not! This comes from the Prevention website. I would like to try this with chicken mince as well.
Top Review by lakeout
healthy -- but not very exciting. the lentil meatloaf has waaay more flavor. Made exactly according to recipie, just too 'blah' for me -- might be ideal for those who don't like more exotic/spicy concoctions tho.
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup shredded zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Combine the turkey, oatmeal, egg substitute, zucchini, and ½ cup of the tomato mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf, and place in an ungreased 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Dicard any drippings.
- Pour ½ cup of the remaining tomato mixture over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the remaining tomato sauce on the side.