Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a South Beach Diet recipe that is really tasty whether you are on South Beach or not! This comes from the Prevention website. I would like to try this with chicken mince as well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Combine the turkey, oatmeal, egg substitute, zucchini, and ½ cup of the tomato mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf, and place in an ungreased 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Dicard any drippings.
- Pour ½ cup of the remaining tomato mixture over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove to a serving platter.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the remaining tomato sauce on the side.
healthy -- but not very exciting. the lentil meatloaf has waaay more flavor. Made exactly according to recipie, just too 'blah' for me -- might be ideal for those who don't like more exotic/spicy concoctions tho.
Awesome! My non-turkey loving husband enjoys this immensely! His only complaint is that the sauce needs to be doubled. Freezes well. I make 4 at a time.
Can't imagine what One Eye did wrong. The recipe is pretty moist so maybe One Eye likes a drier meatloaf. I have been making this recipe for a couple of years and realized I had never rated it. This is one of our favorites. Even my meatloaf hating kids like this version. It is very easy to make. I remember thinking it was probably pretty bland, but the tomato sauce gives it a really good flavor