Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This meat loaf alternative was given to me by a friend who recommended always using ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 5 ounces water
- 5 ounces instant rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, corn flakes and half the can of soup (reserve the rest for the rice sauce).
- Bake in a loaf pan for approximately 45 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Simmer water, rice and remaining soup in a covered sauce pan for 5 minutes.
this is a fantastic dinner,lunch or a last minute solution to the familys hunger problems. i am very happy for the person who put this recipe on here thank you.
I added some mrs. dash to spice it up based on the comments. I'd suggest that you saute some onions and green pepper and throw that in. Definitely a repeat!
I've made this several times. Very easy, tasty meatloaf recipe. I do think it needs some spices, which I add. And the sauce is more like a side dish, we just put ketchup on the meatloaf and eat the rice on the side. Oh, I've substituted bread crumbs (about 1/4 cup) for the corn flakes too.