Recipe by Sharon07
My boy-friend says this Turkey Loaf tastes as if it was made with ground beef. I like the fact that its healthier for us.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skinless ground turkey
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and made into fine crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg white.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in pan.
- Bake until browned and cooked through, 50-60 minutes.
- Top with additional ketchup (optional).
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.