My boyfriend found this recipe on the Food Network website and we tweeked it to our taste. It is low fat, low calorie, low carb and delish!!! It can be made with ground turkey, ground chicken or ground beef. We liked it so much that we've had it a couple nights in a row before. There are never any leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, chopped (I don't care for mushrooms) (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces water chestnuts, chopped (I don't care for these, either) (optional)
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 4 teaspoons spicy mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 8 large romaine leaves or 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves, cleaned and dried
- 3/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2Brown the turkey in the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain oil off the meat. Return the meat to the pan and add the mushrooms, green onions, garlic, water chestnuts, and bean sprouts, and cook until the mushrooms soften, or 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar, stirring until the brown sugar is dissolved. Pour into the turkey mixture and cook an additional 1 minute.
- 4Drizzling Sauce:.
- 5In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the ingredients. This is a very runny sauce. You can either leave it runny or add cornstarch and heat to thicken. Either way, thick or runny, you can add it to the turkey mixture at the end of cooking, or serve with the wraps to be added by individuals being served.
- 7Place the turkey meat, sauce and vegetables in the center of the lettuce leaf, roll up and eat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 2412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar