Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From Simple & Delicious magazine. I don't usually like pot roast, but this sounds good!
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 turkey drumsticks (about 1/2 lb each)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased oval 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine the vegetables and broth. Place drumsticks over vegetables. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-5 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 180* F.
We loved this recipe! My Kroger just started carrying all cuts of Turkey and I was so excited to find this recipe, it is a go to when I have a class at night and the rest of the family needs to have dinner. It is really flavorful and a nice alternative to pot roast. Thank you for posting.
This is sooooo delicious. I follow the recipe exactly. I can't wait try on turkey wings.
I was surprised that my boyfriend chose to make this on his day off. If he can cook it, then any begginer cook can pull this off and it is sure to impress. This dish was so comforting. I came home to my house filled with the aroma of spices. I was worried about the vegetables being over cooked, but they were cooked perfectly. The turkey was the most juicy poultry I have ever tasted. It was fall off the bone and had a warm southern taste.