Recipe by Melanie B.
This recipe came about last week when I wanted to make some healthy comfort food that we could have for dinner and take leftovers camping...using what I had in the refrigerator. I think it is my best meatloaf yet!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 cup mild fresh salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, reserved for topping
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients (except the last two) in a large bowl. Adjust seasoning to your taste if desired.
- Place in small mini-bread tins. Top with the tomatoes and Panko Crumbs. Add an additional sprinkle of salt and cracked pepper if desired.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or the internal temperature hits 180 degrees.
- Enjoy with your favorite comfort side dishes - like scalloped potatoes or potato soup!