1/1 Photo of Turkey Leftover Creamy Potato and Asparagus Soup
This is so quick and simple and taste soooo good. COMFORT FOOD! Great for cold winter nights/days. Be creative, experiment with yours that is exactly how I ended up with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb diced cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit for no heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 ounce red pepper, minced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 asparagus spears
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk, more maybe necessary to get right consistency
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (beat on high for several minutes till froth)
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon or 3 teaspoons chicken broth, for flavor
- 1Dice the potatoes and microwave for 2-3 minutes with a little water just enough that fork can slide out.
- 2Combine first 7 ingredients and mix well.
- 3If using fresh onion saute in butter and then add turkey mixture. Stir on medium high for 1 minute and then add asparagus till color begins to change.
- 4In sauce pan add milk, potato flakes,half and half, and the chicken soup granules, stir in turkey mixture and simmer on low till soup thickens.
- 5If soup mixture is not thick enough add a bit more flakes or less depending on your taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Leftover Creamy Potato and Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g