Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so quick and simple and taste soooo good. COMFORT FOOD! Great for cold winter nights/days. Be creative, experiment with yours that is exactly how I ended up with this recipe.
- 1 lb diced cooked turkey
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit for no heat)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 ounce red pepper, minced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 asparagus spears
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk, more maybe necessary to get right consistency
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (beat on high for several minutes till froth)
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon or 3 teaspoons chicken broth, for flavor
- Dice the potatoes and microwave for 2-3 minutes with a little water just enough that fork can slide out.
- Combine first 7 ingredients and mix well.
- If using fresh onion saute in butter and then add turkey mixture. Stir on medium high for 1 minute and then add asparagus till color begins to change.
- In sauce pan add milk, potato flakes,half and half, and the chicken soup granules, stir in turkey mixture and simmer on low till soup thickens.
- If soup mixture is not thick enough add a bit more flakes or less depending on your taste.
Very yummy, I needed to add a little more milk as it was super thick at first. Also a little on the salty side, maybe use a little less bouillon granuals!?