Recipe by Tootsie
From Quick Cooking magazine. An excellent way to use up some of that after Thanksgiving turkey!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll two tubes of crescent roll dough; separate into rectangles.
- Place rectangles in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/4 inch up the sides of pan to form a crust, sealing seams and perforations.
- Bake at 375F for 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, cheese, broccoli, soup, milk, mustard, onion, salt& pepper; mix well.
- Spoon over crust.
- Unroll remaining dough; divide into rectangles.
- Seal perforations.
- Cut each rectangle into 4-1 inch strips.
- Using strips, make a lattice design on top of turkey mixture.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake 17- 22 minutes at 375F or until top crust is golden brown and filling is hot.