Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was curious to try this Cooking Light recipe that uses deli turkey breast. It came out really good and it was quite easy to make. I used precooked lasagna and cooked it for an hour.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) packagethinly sliced deli turkey, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) bottletomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- cooking spray
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in seasoning and sauce. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine Parmesan, salt, black pepper, eggs, and cottage cheese.
- Spread 1 cup turkey mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over turkey mixture; top with half of Parmesan mixture and 2 cups turkey mixture. Repeat layers, ending with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.