Recipe by Razzlledazzlle
From the David Kirsch Ultimate NY Body Plan: "I know what you're thinking, pasta on the Plan? That will NEVER do at the Madison Square Club. Try this and you'll never place another penne in your mouth! Either as a snack or for lunch with a nice tossed green salad, this dish is quite a dish!" David Kirsch
Top Review by cookiedog
I doubled this recipe for the two of us, and it made a delicious and filling dinner. I even have a bit left over for lunch tomorrow. Usually with recipes like this, there is a ton of cheese. DBF doesn't like cheese, I love it, but I didn't miss it at all. I used a homemade marinara and loved the chopped fresh basil sprinkled on top. Made for PAC 2011.
- 4.92 ml basil leaves, chopped
- 118.29 ml marinara sauce, sauce*
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.25 ml black pepper, ground
- 1.23 ml ground coriander
- 113.39 g ground turkey breast
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 eggplant, cut lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees, Farenheit.
- Lightly coat a nonstick cookie sheet with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place eggplant and zucchini slices on the sheet and cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until slices are soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place ground turkey, coriander, black pepper and cayenne pepper in the skillet and sautee until brown, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lasagna Assembly:.
- Lightly spray an oven proof baking dish with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Alternate layers of baked eggplant, ground turkey, baked zucchini. Top with marinara sauce. Repeat the process if necessary.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish: Top with chopped fresh basil.