Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend recommended this. I haven't tried it yet.
- 4 ounces 99% fat-free lean ground turkey (i tend to add more)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 med)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot (1 med)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can low-sodium tomato paste (1/3 c)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lasagna noodles (I use 6(or if you want it thicker then you can make more layers)
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1 cup lower fat ricotta cheese or 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In medium saucepan cook meat, carrot, onion and garlic till meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, water oregano, basil, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagne noodles according to package directions. Drain well. For ricotta mixture, in a small mixing bowl stir together the egg white and ricotta cheese.
- Spray and 10x6 baking dish with nonstick coating. Place two of the noddles in the dish (I used 3 for each layer) If necessary, cut noodles to fit. Spread with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 the meat mixture, and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 375°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Any noodles sticking out and uncovered will dry out so you might want to just add some extra sauce to the top to cover if you have any, or make sure the edges are neat.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.