Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my own recipe. I have adapted this from an old recipe of my grandmothers. I have made it more to my needs as a diabetic.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar sugar-free spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese (if desired for topping)
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In Medium saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, red win and hot sauce. Simmer. In large skillet, combine ground turkey, garlic and shallots. Cook until turkey is browned. Drain liquid from turkey. Add turkey mixture to sauce and heat through. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese and milk together, mix until smooth.
- Once noodles have cooked lightly spray a 9x13 pan with olive oil. Place three noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 ricotta cheese mixture over noodles, then top with 1/3 sauce mixture. Repeat process twice more and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.