When we go to our favorite Iranian restaurant, my wife usually orders Chicken Kubideh. Here's my go at it, but using turkey instead. I add butter, because ground turkey is so fat-free that the kabobs could come out dry. I use my gas grill, but feel free to use a charcoal BBQ or broil indoors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel onion, grate in food processor (or by hand, but it can get messy and teary).
- 2drain juice from onion - place onion into mixing bowl.
- 3Add all the other ingredients. mix well.
- 4divide result into 4 portions, and roll each into 9 inch long rolls, and skewer using metal skewers. Before skewering, check to see if the meat mixture breaks when bent. if it does, you'll need to add a little more flour and re-mix the meat mixture - otherwise it will fall off the skewer. Don't add too much flour. it's not a cake.
- 5grill the meat until done over medium heat.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Iranian/Persian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Iranian/Persian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Kubideh (Persian Ground Meat Kabob)
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.3
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 327.9 mg
- Sodium 302.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 72.4 g