Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When we go to our favorite Iranian restaurant, my wife usually orders Chicken Kubideh. Here's my go at it, but using turkey instead. I add butter, because ground turkey is so fat-free that the kabobs could come out dry. I use my gas grill, but feel free to use a charcoal BBQ or broil indoors.
- Peel onion, grate in food processor (or by hand, but it can get messy and teary).
- drain juice from onion - place onion into mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients. mix well.
- divide result into 4 portions, and roll each into 9 inch long rolls, and skewer using metal skewers. Before skewering, check to see if the meat mixture breaks when bent. if it does, you'll need to add a little more flour and re-mix the meat mixture - otherwise it will fall off the skewer. Don't add too much flour. it's not a cake.
- grill the meat until done over medium heat.
- Serve over rice.