Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
When we go to our favorite Iranian restaurant, my wife usually orders Chicken Kubideh. Here's my go at it, but using turkey instead. I add butter, because ground turkey is so fat-free that the kabobs could come out dry. I use my gas grill, but feel free to use a charcoal BBQ or broil indoors.
- Peel onion, grate in food processor (or by hand, but it can get messy and teary).
- drain juice from onion - place onion into mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients. mix well.
- divide result into 4 portions, and roll each into 9 inch long rolls, and skewer using metal skewers. Before skewering, check to see if the meat mixture breaks when bent. if it does, you'll need to add a little more flour and re-mix the meat mixture - otherwise it will fall off the skewer. Don't add too much flour. it's not a cake.
- grill the meat until done over medium heat.
- Serve over rice.
These are nice. As soon as I started eating, I thought, "Oh, there's no salt in them." I really think they could use a little salt. Of course, people who are cutting back on salt for health reasons should do as they like. I probably would have added salt if I hadn't been paying attention to the recipe and trying to do other things at the same time. Next time I will. I did put the meat on skewers, but decided in the end to pan fry them. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.