1/1 Photo of Turkey Kibbeh
1 hr 20 mins
Kibbeh is a traditional Lebanese dish typically made of ground lamb, bulgar, pinenuts and spices. Prerpared in trays orindividual servings, kibbeh balls, it is baked or fried. In this remake lean ground turkey replaces lamb and zucchini helps keep the mix moist. I have not tried this yet but plan to soon. For those on WW Core, the pine nuts are 5 points for 1/4 cup or 1 pont per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Place bulgur in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes untilmost or all of the water is absorbed.
- 3Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the toasted pine nuts.
- 4Drain the bulgur, pressing on it to remove any exess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl and add turkey, zucchini, marjoram, cumin, salt, allspice and cayenne. Gently mix until combined.
- 5Pat half the meat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the onion mixture, pressing it gently into the turkey layer. Cover with the rest of the turkey mixture, pressing gently into the onion layer. Cover baking dish with foil.
- 6Bake the kibbeh for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° F, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 7While the kibbeh is baking, combine yogurt, cucumber, tomato and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 8Cut the kibbeh into 6 squares and serve warm with the yogurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Kibbeh
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 542.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.8 g