Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyday with Rachael Ray
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch scallion, half finely chopped, half cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large Asian pear, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, chopped scallions and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Form into 16 meatballs; transfer to a large plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce, the lemon-lime soda, sesame oil, ginger and garlic powder.
- Transfer half of the mixture to another small bowl for serving.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Thread the turkey meatballs, scallion pieces and Asian pear wedges onto skewers.
- Grill, turning occasionally and basting with the soy mixture, until the kebabs are browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with the reserved sauce for dipping.