Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, simple and best of all only 6 WW points each!!!!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 medium mixed-grain hamburger rolls, sliced in half
- Brown turkey in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain off liquid.
- Add peppers and onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper; heat thoroughly, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Top bottom half of buns with turkey mixture; cover with top half of bun and serve.
Great weeknight meal! My turkey came in a 1.25 package. I used it and used a little more bbq sauce and water. I didn't have cayenne pepper so I used 1/2 tsp. of cajun seasoning. Thanks for the healthy & tastey recipe!
This is so good! Thank you for posting this!
I love this recipe!!! The taste was wonderful. The only things I did different was to add salt and pepper to the turkey for seasoning and then I left out the cayenne pepper. This is a keeper for sure!