From: The Border Cookbook Chill Time: 30 minutes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 4 cups smoked turkey or 4 cups roasted turkey, shredded
- 1 cup jicama, cut into matchsticks
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- lettuce leaves or shredded lettuce, preferably red, for garnish
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, add the pepitas and toast. They will be ready when they begin to snap and crackle. Put in a large bowl.
- 2Place the chile and garlic in the hot skillet and raise the heat to high to blacken and blister both. Halve and seed the chile and peel the garlic.
- 3Put the chile and garlic in the blender or food processor and add the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and salt.
- 4Add the turkey and jicama to the pepitas and pour dressing over. Mix well.
- 5Refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- 7Arrange Turkey-Jicama salad on lettuce and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey - Jicama Salad
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: