Recipe by Charmie777
These are sooo delicious. This is my version of a monte cristo sandwich. Although this is touted as an appetizer, we make this a meal!! I also use strawberry jam or blackberry preserves in place of the raspberry preserves.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 8 ounces thinly sliced monterey jack cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (or wheat)
- oil (for frying)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- powdered sugar
- sour cream
- raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Evenly divide the ham, turkey and jack cheese among 8 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining 8 slices of bread, making 8 sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwiches into four squares or triangles.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, milk and flour. Beat well.
- Heat oil to 375º in large skillet to about 1/2 inch depth.
- Fry sandwiches, a few at a time, about 1 minute each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with sides of sour cream and preserves.