Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This spicy sauce is scented with rosemary, sage, thyme and bay slightly sweet and spicey! feel free to enjoy with more heat add a crushed garlic clove or sweeten as you like! This injection solution gives your Turkey, Chicken, Pork, or Beef delish flavor and moisture.
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 59.14 ml garlic oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for five minutes.
- Strain cooled sauce.
- Using an injecttion needle inject liquid into the turkey throughout all the breast and thighs.
- Making one hole inject 1/3 of the liquid and move needle 1/3 of a turn to inject a 1/3 turn again and inject remaining.
- (This is so you are not putting holes all over the turkey).
- 2 injections per thigh and 3 per breast should be good.
- This can be marinaded 1-24 hours before you cook the turkey. Any that oozes out rub gentle over the turkey.
- Proceed to grill, fry or roast your turkey.
I started prepping my turkey 2 days prior and I have to say: this recipe was AMAZING! My husband, my teenage daughter (which I really must say: is a VERY picky eater) & myself, loved this flavorful recipe! From the aroma smell to the taste, this was a hit with my family! I will continue using this recipe! Thank you.
We injected our turkey about 16 hours before we smoked the turkey. This turkey was the best that we have ever cooked! Delicious! We will keep this recipe for future Thanksgivings to come...Thank you!
I loved this! The smell as it was simmering was heavenly. It gave the turkey a wonderful flavor and kept it moist. I will use this recipe again and try it on different cuts of meat.