1/1 Photo of Turkey in the Bundt (Leftover Turkey)
1 hr 20 mins
This tried-and-true recipe is adapted from the makers of Nordic Ware. Simple and flavorful, the milk, eggs and cheese make this bundt casserole moist. Can be served with vegetables of your choice in the center of the rings, and garnished with apple slices, etc. This dish can be "lightened-up" using your favorite ways, and will still retain flavor. To freeze: cook, thaw, remove from pan (or not) then wrap well and freeze. To cook after freezing: thaw completely, then re-heat (covered or wrapped in tin foil) at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. If frozen whole, place frozen food in the bundt pan, covered with foil, with the bundt pan in a larger pan of water, and re-heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups dry bread, cubed (can use cubed stuffing, if using seasoned stuffing, be careful adding herbs later)
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups good swiss cheese, grated
- 1 small onions or 2 leeks, diced and sauted in oil of your choice
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk (any kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons any combination dried herbs (sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano all work well if using fresh herbs, use at least 1 TBS.)
- 1Place 3 cups of bread cubes in the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
- 2Place turkey evenly over bread. Spread Swiss cheese over turkey. Sprinkle with sauted onions or leeks. Top with remaining 3 cups of bread cubes.
- 3Combine beaten eggs with milk and seasonings and pour over the mixture in the pan. Place bundt pan in a pan of water; I use a 9" x 13" pan for this. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 4Remove from water pan and cook and additional 10 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- 5Cool for ten minutes. Use a plastic spatula to carefully lift turkey mixture away from the pan. Invert onto a platter.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey in the Bundt (Leftover Turkey)
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.5 mg
- Sodium 333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: