Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Turkey Hill makes the *best* ice cream! This is a recipe from their web site. It sounds like a fun & easy dessert for St. Patty's Day or just about anytime. Pretty sure you could substitute Cool Whip if desired. Prep time is a guess-timate, will let you know.
- 1 lb Oreo cookies
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- DIRT: Crumble Oreo cookies (not too fine).
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with half of the cookies and place in freezer while preparing remaining ingredients.
- PUDDING: Mix with mixer: milk, softened ice cream and pudding.
- Put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- WHIPPED CREAM: Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream, adding sugar and vanilla.
- ASSEMBLY: Spread the pudding mix on top of the cookie mixture in baking dish.
- Spread on the whipped cream, then top with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Keep refrigerated.