Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup cooked green peas
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey (no skin)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free American cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- Saute onion in chicken stock in nonstick skillet until tender.
- Add turkey, soup, potatoes and peas.
- Place mixture in 1-quart nonstick casserole.
- Top with shredded cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I thought this was quite good. I did substitude chedder cheese and and used one can of chicken soup and one can of celery, I doubled the recipe. I added salt and pepper and used frozen potatos o'brien. It reminded me of a chicken pot pie without the crust, which I liked. Nice comfort food and very easy. Thanks!
My husband agreed with Mamamain's comment that this dish takes like a chicken pot pie w/o the crust. Made the original recipe as listed except for adding crinkled carrots for extra color and taste (my dh dislkes peas).
Because this recipe can be adapted many ways, I've been tinkering with it. In my 1st version, I substituted mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, and shredded cheddar & mozarella cheese; added celery flakes and sprinkled the top with crushed melba toast crackers before baking.
My 2nd version: Substituted vegetable stock and browned hash brown potatoes; french-style green beans, mushrooms and sliced water chestnuts; a generous dash of teriyaki sauce and a large dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. By the end of the next day, the leftovers were gone and my husband asked me to keep this recipe.