Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My dh and I really liked this tasty, healthy hash (though we both thought it needed salt). I make it with ground turkey breast.
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed (fat free kind)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook turkey and onions in nonstick skillet 5 minutes or til turkey is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Add the potatoes.
- Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, sage, thyme, and pepper.
This was pretty good. Definitally needed salt. But we felt it was still a bit bland. Next time I will try using fresh garlic, salt and maybe the o'brien type of hasbrowns, with onions and peppers in them. Thanks!
Really,reaaly good! I made this last night for supper, and not a bit was left. I used regular ground turkey and a package of Simply Potatoes hash browns. Also used just a bit of vegetable oil,once the meat was cooked. I also added about a half teaspoon of salt, and then we each added what we wanted to our plates. Thanks for the great (lazy) Monday night dinner.