Recipe by Luvs 2 Cook
From Cooks.com Prep time does not include thawing of hashbrowns. I add more green pepper and onion to the hashbrowns. I also add some salt and garlic to them when I folld in the egg. My quiche did take a little longer to set then stated cooking time.
- 3 cups cubed frozen hash browns, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey ham, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Blot hashbrowns between two paper towels to remove excess water.
- Combine potatoes, 1/4 cup onion, green pepper and white pepper.
- Fold in beaten egg.
- Pat potato mixture evenly into greased 10 inch pie plate to form crust, building up sides to rim.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Remove from oven. (Crust may be prepared to this point, cooled, covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. To reheat place in cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees. Heat for 10 minutes.).
- Sprinkle turkey ham, remaining onion and cheese in layers evenly over crust. (Crust should be hot when these ingredients are added.) Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, mustard and white pepper; mix well. Pour over crust ingredients.
- Place in oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.