Recipe by Chef Carole in South Florida
A casserole dish with turkey, ham, broccoli combined with a creamy cheese sauce and baked. A friend brought this to a potluck dinner and it was very good. You can omit the ham and use all turkey, and use wine in place of the chicken broth.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 4 slices turkey breast
- 4 slices ham
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add green onions; saute for about 1 minute.
- Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half and chicken broth.
- Simmer, stirring for about 10 minutes, until smooth and thickened.
- Add swiss cheese, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Arrange cooked broccoli in a buttered 8x10 inch shallow baking dish. Place sliced turkey and ham over broccoli. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 350 deg. for 15 minutes.