Recipe by English_Rose
This warming bake, rich with sherry and mustard, will use up the Christmas / Thanksgiving leftovers.
- 12 ounces cooked turkey, cut into strips
- 5 ounces cooked ham, cut into strips
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 2 ounces butter, plus a little extra for greasing the dish
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Mix the turkey, ham and frozen peas in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- To make the sauce, put the butter, flour and milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking all the time, until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Stir in the sherry and mustard, season to taste and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in half the cheese.
- To finish the dish, pour the sauce over the ingredients in the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- At this point, you can keep the bake in the fridge up to 5 hours, or freeze it. When ready, bake for 25-35 minutes until the topping is golden and the sauce is bubbling.