Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A terrific sandwich for lunch or dinner. Very authentic taste and absolutely delicious! I have the recipe for the greek seasoning I use also posted on Recipezaar if you'd like to use it. If not, it can be purchased in stores. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 (6 inch) pita breads, warmed
- In a nonstick skillet, saute turkey in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with greek seasoning and set aside.
- Cut two-thirds of the cucumber into thin slices; finely chop remaining cucumber.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, sour cream, onion, dill and lemon juice.
- Place lettuce, tomato, sliced cucumber, turkey and feta cheese on top of pita breads.
- Top with cucumber sauce.
- Bring edges of pita over filling and secure with a toothpick.
Let me start by saying how much I loooooooove the cucumber sauce! It ws terrific, and I can't wait to make it again for other purposes (falafel, anyone?)! The only complaint I have about the recipe is that the meat would definitely not serve 4. DH has a pretty big appetite, and when he saw me cooking the meat in my smallest pan he laughed and asked where the rest was LOL. I think it was just right once you added the cucumber sauce and all the veggies, but for heartier appetites you might want to double the meat. Thanks for posting; this is definitely a keeper. I look forward to trying it with your Greek seasoning recipe next time :).