A terrific sandwich for lunch or dinner. Very authentic taste and absolutely delicious! I have the recipe for the greek seasoning I use also posted on Recipezaar if you'd like to use it. If not, it can be purchased in stores. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 (6 inch) pita breads, warmed
- 1In a nonstick skillet, saute turkey in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with greek seasoning and set aside.
- 2Cut two-thirds of the cucumber into thin slices; finely chop remaining cucumber.
- 3In a bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, sour cream, onion, dill and lemon juice.
- 4Place lettuce, tomato, sliced cucumber, turkey and feta cheese on top of pita breads.
- 5Top with cucumber sauce.
- 6Bring edges of pita over filling and secure with a toothpick.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Gyros
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 355.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g