Recipe by Petdrwife
This is my families recipe for turkey gravy. We use it on the turkey and cornbread dressing that I have posted here (132610).
- 4 cups turkey drippings
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup turkey (minced)
- 2 eggs (boiled, chopped)
- turkey liver (minced) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine together 2 tablespoons water and flour.
- Place drippings, flour water mixture, 2 c water, livers (if using, I don't care to and it is still good), minced turkey and chopped eggs in saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil and then turn down to medium stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally until desired consistency. If not thick enough for you, mix more flour and water and add.