Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sandwich I created directly from cravings and guessing that this strange combination would taste good together. Also, I do not like when mayonnaise makes my sandwich soggy. I think this recipe could be a basic formula for substituting many different combinations of toppings, cheeses, and meats. You could also pre-mix the cream cheese with the dried cranberries and Gorgonzola for a faster, easier construction. The recipe as written is 6 points per sandwich. I use Aunt Hattie's Light 9 grain bread.
- 2 slices reduced-fat mixed-grain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprout (enough to cover the bread)
- 2 slices of deli-sliced smoked turkey
- 4 slices cucumbers
- 1 slice tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Toast the bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of fat-free cream cheese on each slice.
- On the bottom slice, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Gorgonzola cheese over the cream cheese.
- Mash lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Spread alfalfa sprouts over the cheeses.
- Layer the deli-sliced smoked turkey.
- Add the cucumber slices and tomato.
- On the top slice of bread, sprinkle the dried cranberries over the cream cheese and gently push them into the bread.