3 hrs 10 mins
From Gourmet magazine. I use this stock as a base for my Turkey Gravy. I don't use the liver in the stock or gravy. It can lend a bitter note.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil over moderate heat.
- 2Brown neck and giblets 10-15 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and simmer about 3 hours. Turkey parts will be very tender.
- 4Pour stock through a mesh sieve into a bowl. Reserve gizzard and heart for gravy, if desired. Discard remaining solids.
- 5Stock should measure 4 cups. Add more water or continue to boil if necessary.
- 6Let stand until fat rises to the top and skim fat from top.
- 7Let cool completely before chilling.
- 8Skim fat before using.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Giblet Stock
Serving Size: 1 (2791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g