Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Don't throw away the potato water after you cook the potatoes. Use the water to make a tasty giblet gravy.
- 1 turkey giblets
- seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fat and dripping
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 cups potato water
- Clean giblets; cut in pieces; shake in seasoned flour; sear in hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Add onion and water; simmer until tender about 1 hour.
- Pour off surplus fat from ROASTING pan, leaving only 1/2 cup in pan.
- Blend 1/2 cup fat and drippings with flour; cook and stir until velvety brown about 10 minutes; add seasonings and giblets; slowly add potato water.
- Cook and stir until smooth and clear.
- Serves 12-14.
Very good recipe. My family really enjoyed it.