Recipe by RecipeNut
Great way to use up that leftover turkey and the brown rice is a nice change!
Top Review by bmcnichol
I had leftover turkey in the freezer from Thanksgiving so made this up for lunch. I followed the recipe as written other then I used olive oil instead of canola as that is what I buy. Made for a nice lunch.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine turkey and soy sauce; cover and refrigerate. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir the egg over medium heat until completely set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, green pepper and celery in oil until tender. Add rice and turkey; cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add lettuce and reserved egg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.