I adapted my chicken fricassee recipe to use up post-Thanksgiving leftovers. If you want to make the chicken version, simply exchange cooked chicken for the cooked turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before anything, prep the broccoli. Thaw in a covered, microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water in the bottom. Cook broccoli for 3-4 minutes, long enough to defrost it, but not cook it completely. If using fresh broccoli, skip this step.
- 2Melt the butter in a pot or dutch oven.
- 3Add onion and cook until translucent.
- 4Add flour to the onion and butter in the pan and stir until combined.
- 5Cook flour mixture for about a minute.
- 6Add stock.
- 7Stirring constantly, heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 8Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 9Once the fricasse reaches a simmer turn the heat down to medium, cover and cook for ~30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It's done when the vegetables are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 269.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: