Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A reduced fat recipe from FC that I have yet to try.
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 lb. total)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat swiss cheese, shredded (such as Alpine Lace)
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Add turkey pieces, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Coat skillet with more spray; add onion. Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add 2 tablespoons of water to prevent sticking if needed.
- Add mushrooms; cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle flour over top and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in half-and-half, nutmeg, hot pepper sauce and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add turkey and mustard and heat through.
- Stir in the Swiss cheese until just melted.
- Serve immediately with cooked noodles.
Mmm, this was really a nice change of pace! I followed the recipe to a "T", with the exception of using half swiss and half mozzarella cheese. I was really pleased with the outcome; this is a light dish that really doesn't taste like it...I once I added in the turkey I came up with a total of 330 calories for a fairly large serving. Nice! I did add a fair amount more salt, but I chalk that up to personal taste. Next time I might add a bit of black pepper as well. Thanks so much for posting! Made for Healthy Choices 2009.