A good recipe using jars of Heinz Gravy instead of "cream soups". I used an off brand of gravy once and it just wasn't the same. This works good with left over turkey or chicken and fresh mushrooms makes all the difference. Note: we are using beef gravy not chicken or turkey gravy. Although I'm sure it would be just as good using any gravy you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh turkey breast, filets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 (12 ounce) jars heinz homestyle beef gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked, kept warm
- 1Season turkey filets with salt and pepper. Heat butter in large skillet on medium heat. Cook seasoned filets 2 to 2 ½ minutes per side until lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove filets from pan; keep warm.
- 2Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Stirring frequently.
- 3Add wine to pan. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in gravy. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Add turkey filets to skillet mixture. Simmer until turkey is heated through. Serve over hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Filets With Mushrooms over Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.1 mg
- Sodium 1284.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: