Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice way to use up left over turkey. The recipe is from Light & Tasty. You can use whatever vegetable you have on hand. And if you like a little spice, add in some red pepper to spice it up a bit.
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook fettuccine per package directions, and drain.
- In a non-stick skillet, coated with non-stick spray, sauté the onions, celery and garlic in the canola oil for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, cooking and stirring until tender.
- Stir in milk, seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix half-and-half with cornstarch, and mix until smooth. Stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until just melted.
- Stir in turkey and fettuccine.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.