Recipe by Mercy
This salad is best served on a bed of radicchio or red cabbage leaves. From the "Cherry Republic" catalog.
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 5 -6 cups cooked turkey, coarsely shredded
- 1 large fennel bulb, washed,trimmed,cut in half,cored and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted
- 1 bunch dill, washed,patted dry,stemmed and minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- (To toast the pecan halves, spread them out on a baking sheet; bake in a preheated 350°F oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, combine dried cherries and cider.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the turkey, fennel, pecans and dill.
- Mix in the cherries and any remaining cider liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and ginger and then toss the mixture with salad to bind it.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.