Recipe by Clifford Boren
Was tired one evening and didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so, using stuff in the pantry, I came up with this which worked well and tasted good too.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 package lawry fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small tomatoes, in a large dice
- 1⁄2 onion, in fine dice
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, in fine dice
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee meat and onions until meat is brown.
- Add fajita mix with the amount of water specified on the package.
- Add the vegetables and stir thoroughly.
- Add the hot sauce and stir somemore.
- Cook according to package directions, usually about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly butter the buns, sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper, and fry them on the griddle if you have one, or in a skillet until golden and toasty.
- When the meat mixture is ready, place the buns, toasted side up, on a plate and spoon the mix over them.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.