Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve sprinkled with the chopped herbs and freshly cooked tagliatelle or pasta noodles.
Make and share this Turkey Escalopes With Hot Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 turkey escalopes, each about 4oz in weight
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 red chile, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 ounces chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon medium-dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Coat the turkey escalopes in the seasoned flour and reserve the remaining flour.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan then brown the escalopes on all sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and gently sauté the garlic, chilis and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté for 3 more minutes or until the onion and mushrooms have softened but not browned.
- Sprinkle in the remaining flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir the stock and soy sauce into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring throughout. Reduce the heat and return the turkey escalopes to the pan. Cover with a lid or a large sheet of tin foil and simmer gently for 4-6 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the sherry and creme fraîche, then cook for 2 more minutes.