Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from chef Fiona Beckett, who is writing a book of cheap, quick and filling food for students. I wish I'd eaten this well when I was in uni! She recommends serving it with green beans and potatoes.
- 2 large turkey cutlets
- 1 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 25 g butter, cut into cubes
- Lay a sheet of wax paper or cling film over the escalopes, or put them in a plastic bag, then pound them with a rolling pin to make them thinner.
- Sprinkle the flour over the escalopes until they are covered on both sides.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Put the escalopes in the pan and cook for about two minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, capers and parsley into the pan and let it bubble.
- Add the butter and then pour this over the escalopes.
- Serve with your favourite veggies.