Recipe by Jellyqueen
Found this recipe in a Kraft magazine, and revamped it a little to suit our tastes.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
Loved these! I didn't have any red peppers so I increased the amount of green. My only suggestion would be to watch the microwave time..20 seconds was too long in mine. The tortillas ripped.
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing, we like the zesty kind
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook meat in peppers in large skillet on medium heat until just done.
- Add 1 cup of the salsa and black olives and simmer on low for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup of the salsa onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish and spread it out on bottom of dish for light coating(I never measure, so I probably use more than 1/4 cup).
- Brush the corn tortillas on both sides with the Italian dressing, stack them 4 high and wrap with a waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, just to get them warm and bendable.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture in each tortilla and roll up, placing them seam-side down in baking dish.
- Repeat this with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- If you have any meat mixture left over, spoon over top of tortillas, spoon the remaining salsa over that and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncover and atop with remaining cheese (again I usually use more than the recipe calls for) and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- If you choose to use the cilantro, sprinkle on top of dish as soon as it comes out of the oven.