1/2 Photos of Turkey Enchiladas---A Little Lighter Version
Found this recipe in a Kraft magazine, and revamped it a little to suit our tastes.
My Private Note
13x9 ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing, we like the zesty kind
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook meat in peppers in large skillet on medium heat until just done.
- 3Add 1 cup of the salsa and black olives and simmer on low for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 5Place 1/4 cup of the salsa onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish and spread it out on bottom of dish for light coating(I never measure, so I probably use more than 1/4 cup).
- 6Brush the corn tortillas on both sides with the Italian dressing, stack them 4 high and wrap with a waxed paper.
- 7Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, just to get them warm and bendable.
- 8Spoon about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture in each tortilla and roll up, placing them seam-side down in baking dish.
- 9Repeat this with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- 10If you have any meat mixture left over, spoon over top of tortillas, spoon the remaining salsa over that and cover the dish with foil.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes, uncover and atop with remaining cheese (again I usually use more than the recipe calls for) and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- 12If you choose to use the cilantro, sprinkle on top of dish as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Enchiladas---A Little Lighter Version
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 1394.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g