1/2 Photos of Turkey Enchiladas
1 hr 5 mins
I love enchiladas, but I don't like the grease and excess fat when using ground beef. Nor does the fam like corn tortillas. So I swapped the beef for turkey, the corn tortillas for whole wheat tortillas and the sour cream to low fat sour cream. There is so much flavor in these, you won't miss the fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350.
- 2Brown ground turkey, season with salt and pepper.
- 3While turkey cooks, prepare the enchilada sauce by combining the spice package with 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups water.
- 4Bring sauce to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- 5Spray a 3 qt casserole dish with non-stick spray and line the bottom with a little bit of the enchilada sauce.
- 6To assemble the enchiladas, in each tortilla you will place 1 1/2 teaspoons of low fat sour cream, and about 1 tablespoons cheddar cheese with 1/4 cup of the turkey. Roll tightly and place seam side down into the casserole.
- 7Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheddar cheese.
- 8Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes, the last 15 min take the foil off to allow the cheese to melt.
- 9Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- 10Serve with salsa, sour cream and rice.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 186.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry enchilada mix
reduced-fat cheddar cheese